WINDOC (1), Bulk Freighter (C.153116) built in 1899 by Globe Iron Works, Cleveland (Hull #77). Launched March 25, 1899 as a) M.A. HANNA (U.S.92929) for Cleveland Steamship Co. Powered by a 1400 ihp triple expansion engine; 21",33 1/2",57" dia. x 42" stroke, and three scotch marine boilers; 12'6"x12'. Engine and boilers built by shipyard. Reboilered in 1904 with two scotch boilers; 12'6"x12', built by American Ship Building Co., Cleveland. Sold to Interlake Steamship Co., Cleveland in 1916 and renamed b) HYDRUS (2). Sold Canadian in 1926 to Paterson Steamship Ltd., Fort William, Ont. and renamed c) WINDOC (1): 428'x50'x24'; 4599 GRT,3277 NRT. Passed downbound through Welland Canal under her own power on her final trip with storage grain for Toronto, December 4, 1967. Departed Toronto for Quebec City in tow of tug GRAEME STEWART on June 18, 1968 with assistance down the Seaway from tug SALVAGE MONARCH. Arrived August 1, 1968 under tow at La Spezia, Italy with LEONARD C. HANNA in tandem for scrapping.
-Photo taken on the St. Clair River up bound at Marine City, Michigan summer of 1962
From the 1994 Calendar featuring photographs by Emory A. (Bud) Massman, Jr.