|Shiercliffe Hall C. 190498, Canal Bulk
Freighter built in 1950 by Canadian Vickers Ltd, Montreal as Hull # 248 259' loa x
43'9" x 20'6"; 2012 GRT, 1197 NRT. Powered by a 730 ihp two cylinder Skinner
Unaflow steam engine. Shiercliffe Hall was the last of five Vickers class canallers built.
Over the winter of 1958-59, her deck was raised three feet to increase her carring
capacity. She was laid up at Toronto from 1968 until 1972. She was scrapped at Hamilton,
-photo by Rev. Peter Vander Linden, August, 1965, on the Welland Canal