Lightship HURON No. 103 built by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corporation, Morris Heights, New York in 1921 for U.S. Lighthouse Service. Dimensions 69'5" X 24' X 11'9". Initially assigned service as RELIEF on stations at Grays Reef and North Manitou Island in Lake Michigan before permanent duty at head of Lake Huron Cut in 1935. Converted from steam to diesel 1959. Decommissioned August 25, 1970 and turned over to City of Port Huron for museum use in earthen berth at Pine Grove Park. Ravaged by vandals at that site in July 1972. Restored by volunteers of Lake Huron Lore Marine Society 1989/90. Officially rededicated August 2, 1990 and designated a National Historic Landmark.
-Photo taken approximately two weeks prior to her decommissioning.
From the 1991 Calendar featuring photographs by William J. Luke