DETROIT EDISON (2) steel self-unloader (U.S. 269187) built at Manitowoc, Wisconsin by the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company (Hull#418) for American Steamship Co.:589' x 72' x 36'; 12,172 GRT. Maden voyage April 15, 1955. Powered by a 7,700 h.p. cross compound DeLaval steam turbine and two Foster-Wheeler water tube boilers. Lengthened 72 feet at Fraser Shipyard, Superior, Wisconsin Winter 1965-66: 661' x 72' x 36'; 13,723 GRT. Sold for scrap in 1986. Departed Quebec City in tow July 16, 1986 for Brownsville, Texas.

SHANNON steel tug (U.S. 584562 built in 1944 at Morris Heights, New York by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp. (Hull#unknown) as a.) YT 388 (USS CONNEWANGO) for U.S. Navy: 87'0" x 25'8", 145 GRT. Redesignated b.) YTB 388 and c.) YTM 388. Purchased by Gaelic Tug Boat Company in 1977 and renamed d.) SHANNON. Repowered 1979 with two Caterpillar diesel engines. Currently in service for Gaelic.
Photo taken in Rouge River October, 1981

From the 1993 Calendar featuring photographs by Paul C. LaMarre, Jr.