COALFAX, C.147793, Self-Unloading Canaller built in 1927 by Furness S.B. Co. Ltd., Haverton Hill-on-Tees, England (Hull #125) for Coal Carriers Corp. Ltd., Brockville, Ont. 258' LOA X 43'3" X 25'; 2502 GRT. Powered by a triple expansion steam engine and two Scotch marine boilers. Transferred in 1951 to Hall Corporation of Canada, Montreal. Was the first of the "FAX" suffix vessels for Hall Corp. Sold to Steel Co. of Canada in 1965 and resold soon after to Spanish Shipbreakers. Towed, withWESTMOUNT, to Santander, Spain and arrived there August 30, 1968 for dismantling.
-Photo taken Amherstberg Channel, Detroit River, August, 1963