CANADIANA Steel day excursion steamer (U.S.207479) built in 1910 at Buffalo, New York by Buffalo Dry Dock Company (Hull#215) launched March 5, 1910, for Lake Erie ExcursionCompany: 209.9 X 45 X 18.1; 974 gross tons. Powered by a 1,446 ihp triple expansion steam engine. Last operated during the 1958 season. Sold at Marshall's sale in 1960, she was towed to Cleveland and unofficially renamed PLEASURAMA. In the years 1960-7, she was moved to Buffalo, New York, Fairport, Ohio and back to Cleveland, where she sank at her berth on February 17, 1982. Refloated May, 1983, and towed to Ashtabula, Ohio. Towed to Buffalo during September, 1984, after being purchased by the Friends of the CANADIANA for restoration. She was towed to the Marsh Engineering Dock at Humberstone, Ontario for drydocking in July, 1988. She is still there.
From the 1999 Calendar featuring photographs from Edward J. Morris
Photo taken August 23, 1959, Detroit River