US. 207582, River Excursion Passenger Steamer built in 1910 by the Toledo Ship Building Co., Toledo, Ohio as Hull #116. Launched May 7, 1910 as a) STE. CLAIRE for the Detroit, Windsor & Belle Isle Ferry Co., Detroit, Michigan. 197 loa x 50 width x 176" depth; 870 GRT, 507 NRT. Powered by a 1083 ihp triple expansion steam engine and two coal-fired Scotch boilers (later converted to oil-fired). Built for day excursions between Detroit and Bob-Lo Island. Also used on moonlight and charter trips. Laid up since September 2, 1991 at Nicholsons Terminal awaiting a new owner.
Harry Wolf Photo