US. 136981, steel side-wheel passenger steamer launched on December 7, 1901, by the Detroit Shipbuilding Company for the Detroit and Buffalo Steamship Company. 350.0' x 44.0' width x 19.9' depth; 3077GRT. She was to run overnight between Detroit and Buffalo in conjunction with her sistership WESTERN STATES. After almost 50 years of service, the D & C vessels were all laid up. The EASTERN STATES, which had last run between Detroit, Michigan and Put-In-Bay, Ohio on excursion runs, was laid up on the Detroit waterfront awaiting her fate. On December 12, 1956, the once proud vessel was taken out onto Lake St. Clair where she was set afire. All her superstructure was burned off and the hull was taken to Hamilton, Ontario, where she was scrapped in 1957.