US.127665, River Excursion Passenger Steamer built in 1902 by the Detroit Ship Building Co., Wyandotte, Michigan as Hull #148. Launched May 10, 1902 as a) COLUMBIA for the Detroit, Windsor & Belle Isle Ferry Co., Detroit, Michigan. 216 loa x 4411" width x 179" depth; 968 GRT, 549 NRT. Powered by a 1217 ihp triple expansion steam engine and two coal-fired Scotch boilers (later converted to oil-fired). Built for day excursions between Detroit and Bob-Lo Island. Also used on moonlight and charter trips. Laid up since September 2, 1991 at Nicholsons Terminal awaiting restoration.
William Taylor Photo